Prior to your LIPOSUCTION
– Stop taking any blood thinner medications like aspirin, brufen, or omega 3 at least 7 to 10 days prior the procedure.
– You need to be fasting for at least 6 hours prior to surgery, No water also.
– You have to shave the area to be treated.
– Blood investigations-
a)- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
b)- Viral Markers- HIV, HbsAg, HCV
c)- PTI/INR, ECG, Chest X-Ray (if age>30 years).
– Be sure to wear comfortable clothing on the day of the procedure. You can take shower in the morning and come empty stomach.
– Don’t wear any jewellery items
– Betadine scrub wash (whole body) on day of surgery
– You have to stay in the clinic till evening ( if one area is treated).
– You have to stay overnight if two different areas are treated. – You will be able to take liquids and semi-solid diet on the same day and soft diet from next day onwards. –
You will rest on the day of surgery. You will be able to carry on your normal day to day activities like going to washroom, move around in your house, watch television, do internet etc. from the next day only. But avoid any social meeting, outdoor activity, and travel for next 4-7 days.
– You will need to take antibiotics tablets for 5 days and pain killer tablets for 7-10 days
– There will be fluid coming out from the tiny incisions for the first average 48 hours. The absorbing pads given to you will absorb this fluid.
– There can be bruising (if any) of the skin, which will clear by itself in next few days.
– You have to wear a pressure garment (preferably two pairs for 4-6 weeks. This is important for skin retraction/smooth results. – – – Best skin retraction/best results are achieved at around 2-3 months.
– We always advise for dieting and exercise in next following months to get more promising results of body contouring.